Friday, May 7, 2010

我在乎

我上星期决定退出varsity intern,不去卖书了。
因为当申请越多的intern后,才发现自己的technical东西越少。
对Kevin 和Alan来说,我是一把从背后插进去的刀子,因为他们从来没想过结局会是这样。
把Varsity 当备胎,这是一个不负责任的行为,尤其是在已经准备就绪的时候。
说再多抱歉也没用,但,会是一个很好的lesson. 因为觉悟太迟,所以不会再有下次了。

找好Prof谈好research,仍在申请intern,我已经到了那种google energy公司,打电话去问他们有没有要请intern的地步了。
决定留了下来,有了些A plan, B plan. 不管怎样都不会浪费宝贵summer.
反正问一问也不会死huh?

我觉得只有在乎的东西,可能才会真正去争取。
我们熬了很多个夜晚,做出来的report, 因为那个顾问教授说的:performed badly during meeting, 我们4个的整个overall grade掉了2个半。

We always respect Professor Lockett and I simply don't know how would he defined that 'we performed badly in the meeting' as that simply too hurt. Let's see, our group and Prof Lockett met 3 times throughout the whole semester, and each takes ~ 15 minutes(we are the only two groups that have to share a 30 min time slot in the whole class),and sometime we just couldn't have anytime to ask any
question as the time was up.
I don't think this is making any sense or fair to judge our attitude on the project at this point.

这是我很热血回复Professor Tzanakakis mail 的其中一段,也没有想过可能他不爽直接就fail我还是怎样。
他还说我们的cost analysis不实际,相比其他几组,搞笑的是,他们那天才金牌教授才说我们全班人,没人的cost analysis make sense. 如果你只是不敢推翻那个拿过国家科学金牌顾问教授的grade, 那别拿其他理由来推搪?Just say it, 要不听的人会觉得很可笑。
Eric 讲,反正他也不会改grade,不过我就是要让他知道。
是的,尽管最后出来还是一个freaking C。这至少让他明白,我们认真过,还有,不要随便做conclusion.

而又,上星期打去了Life Tech, confirm他们请了人后,反而豁然开朗,至少是她直接亲口真心清清楚楚的答复。有些时候,不是因为有很大的幻想还是什么,有时只是想有一点小小的肯定。

不为什么,只因为我在乎。

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

绝对支持你打电话去的做法,向老师据理力争也是对的。有些老师太过主观,你不讲他们不会从另一个角度去思考。有些更厉害,他根本不记得你是谁,甚至把你误会成另一个人,然后很可能凭着错的印象给你错的分数。


快要毕业的鸟人

Anonymous said...

就讀文科的我而言
自己認真的成果較其他(自覺)不比自己認真的人之評分低我倒是沒甚麼所謂
反正他們有他們的喜好
我有我的得到
我的收穫不需要老師的數字才能完全

Randy Pausch也講
高牆是用來阻擋那些不是真的想要的人


快要和鳥人一樣畢業的淵

Anonymous said...

反正问一问也不会死huh?
I definitely agree with this when I applied for internships that time, I hold the phone for more than 30minutes, to call or not to call? Am I prepared for the interview? What if they already got intern? got reject then how?
But I learned not to be afraid. If you don't ask you will never know! A lot of friends ask me to go to the varsity too, but I never think of it, they said what if you cannot get an internship? you will wasting your time in the Summer. bla bla bla...
I always tell myself that...
my summer will be internship or do research. I don't care if i didnt get paid, at least I gain more experiences. I will do whatever related to my major. Science major is different with others. SOmetimes, they just simply don't understand! :)
Jiayo QZ

Anonymous said...

Plans can change. When plan changes, it does feel 'uneasy'. You will be fine soon once you get back on track.

Yeap. call. I like that plan.
Feedback. I like the idea.
You've got that spirit!

~ Ms. Anonymous ~

ce11 said...

只要是在乎的,多难都做得到。 加油哦~ :)

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude, Jesper!

Jes said...

鸟人,所言极是
不圆,不是分低不低的问题,有些人永远不会realize直到被人告诉。
我猜第一个anonymous是wanyi, thank you and all d best for your intern.
ms.anonymous, as usual, thanks.
CE, 谢拉,回家玩得开心点。
another anonymous, thanks